University Health Services welcomes comments from patients, staff, and other campus departments on how to improve services.
Feedback and suggestions may be provided via:
- Verbal comments from patients to UHS staff.
- TellTang email and social media (e.g. Twitter).
- Comments placed in the suggestion boxes onsite at the Tang Center. The boxes are located at the information desk (first floor), in the Urgent Care lobby (first floor), and at the bottom of each stairwell.
- Patient surveys.
- Input from the Student Health Advisory Committee, Health Fee Advisory Board, the Student Advocate’s Office, the Faculty/Staff Advisory Committee, the Committee on Student Fees, and ASUC.
- The ombudsperson’s offices on campus and other campus departments.
Patient comments are a vital source of feedback and are taken into consideration during operational and strategic planning.
Patients also have the right to file a complaint/grievance through:
- University Health Services by emailing email@example.com. Your complaint will be reviewed and responded to within 14 days. Patient complaints or other comments are typically referred to a supervisor or manager for resolution. Every effort will be made to ensure effective resolution in a timely manner. The supervisor, manager, or patient may escalate complaints to a unit director, the UHS Administrative Director, or the Assistant Vice Chancellor in reaching a resolution. When appropriate, the AD and AVC will consult and/or escalate with People and Culture, Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination, and other campus offices appropriate to reach resolution. Patients are also welcome to contact these offices directly. To make a report of sexual harassment, please visit our webpage on how to make a report of sexual harassment.
- Complaints relating to actual or suspected breaches of patient privacy can be reported to the UHS Administrative Director and/or the campus privacy officer.
- The campus whistleblower's office.
- UHS’ accrediting organization, the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). AAAHC can be reached at (847) 853-6060 and firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to AAAHC, 5250 Old Orchard Road, Suite 200, Skokie, IL 60077. UHS' AAAHC organizational ID is 5653.
- The Medical Board of California (regarding the conduct of a physician) by calling (800) 633-2322 or (916) 263-2382, or writing to: Medical Board of California, Central Complaint Unit, 2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1200, Sacramento, CA 95815.
The California Board of Psychology or you may also call the Board at 866-503-2221.
- The Board of Behavioral Sciences receives and responds to complaints regarding services provided within the scope of practice of: marriage and family therapists, licensed educational psychologists, clinical social workers, or professional clinical counselors. The Board may be contacted online or by calling (916) 574-7830.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services with the Office for Civil Rights (a civil rights complaint), electronically at the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal or by phone at (800) 368-1019, (800) 537-7697 (TDD) or mail: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Ave, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201. Complaint forms can be found online on the Office for Civil Rights website.