Supporting the Campus Community After a Crisis

Support Services Following a Crisis

Students can have a range of responses to stressful and traumatic events.  The wellbeing of the UC Berkeley community is important to us and we want to remind students of the UHS Mental Health support available to them. Please know that there are steps for you to engage in self care, get support, and cope with these reactions:

For students

  • Self-care and other mental health resources

  • Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at the Tang Center can help. If you would like to talk to a counselor, call (510) 642-9494. Appointments can also be made on eTang (same-day, first come-first served basis, scheduled within 16 hr window). 

  • If you need to speak with a counselor urgently when the Tang Center is closed, please call the 24/7 counseling line at (855) 817-5667. 

For faculty and staff

Additional resources: