You are almost there! Help us help you!
To save you time and frustration, please take a moment to review these helpful steps. Most errors encountered during the waiver process can be avoided by following these simple instructions.
- Please fill out the WAIVER WORKSHEET in order to guide you through the online waiver application. NOTE: This worksheet is for guidance only; filling out the worksheet is NOT filling out the online waiver and completed worksheets will not be accepted as waivers.
- The Spring 2019 waiver period is December 1, 2018 to January 15, 2019. Your waiver must be received by January 1, 2019 at 11:59pm to avoid a late waiver fee of $75. All waivers received between January 2, 2019 and January 15, 2019 will be subject to a late fee of $75.
- You will be required to login with your student ID and date of birth.
- Please fill out the online waiver with your coverage information. Your plan must meet ALL of the requirements AND be effective during the entire semester while registered. The semester SHIP term dates are:
- FALL 2018: August 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018
- SPRING 2019: January 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
- If you waived successfully for the FALL semester, you are automatically waived for the following SPRING semester.
- A new online waiver must be filled out EVERY ACADEMIC YEAR; please check on our website for posted waiver deadlines.
- Once you have submitted your Berkeley SHIP online waiver application, you will be notified immediately of the outcome after clicking "submit". A copy of the waiver results will also be sent to the email address you have on file with UC Berkeley.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the waiver application has been submitted and approved. It is recommended you keep your email confirmation for your records.
- If your waiver application is denied and you would like to submit a waiver appeal, please follow the instructions provided on the waiver denial confirmation.
- Please note, there is a $75 late fee for waivers received after January 1, 2019. No waivers will be accepted after January 15, 2019.
The Spring 2019 waiver period is now closed.