You are almost there! Help us help you!
To save you time and frustration, please take a moment to review these helpful steps. Most errors encountered during the waiver process can be avoided by following these simple instructions.
- Please fill out the WAIVER WORKSHEET in order to guide you through the online waiver application. NOTE: This worksheet is for guidance only; filling out the worksheet is NOT filling out the online waiver and completed worksheets will not be accepted as waivers.
- The Fall 2019 waiver period is May 1, 2019 to July 15, 2019. Waivers must be received by July 15, 2019 to avoid a late fee of $75. All waivers received between July 16, 2019 and August 15, 2019 will be subject to a late fee of $75. No waivers will be accepted after August 15, 2019.
- You will be required to login with your student ID and date of birth.
- Please fill out the online waiver with your coverage information. Your plan must meet ALL of the requirements AND be effective during the entire semester while registered. The semester SHIP term dates are:
- FALL 2019: August 1, 2019 - December 31, 2019
- SPRING 2020: January 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
- If you waived successfully for the FALL semester, you are automatically waived for the following SPRING semester.
- A new online waiver must be filled out EVERY ACADEMIC YEAR; please check on our website for posted waiver deadlines.
- Once you have submitted your Berkeley SHIP online waiver application, you will be notified immediately of the outcome after clicking "submit". A copy of the waiver results will also be sent to the email address you have on file with UC Berkeley.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the waiver application has been submitted and approved. It is recommended you keep your email confirmation for your records.
- If your waiver application is denied and you would like to submit a waiver appeal, please follow the instructions provided on the waiver denial confirmation.
- Please note, there is a $75 late fee for waivers received after July 15, 2019. No waivers will be accepted after August 15, 2019.