You are almost there! Help us help you!
To save you time and frustration, please take a moment to review these helpful steps. Most errors encountered during the waiver process can be avoided by following these simple instructions.
- Please fill out the WAIVER WORKSHEET in order to guide you through the online waiver application. NOTE: This worksheet is for guidance only; filling out the worksheet is NOT filling out the online waiver and completed worksheets will not be accepted as waivers.
- The Fall 2020 waiver period is May 1, 2020 to July 31, 2020. Waivers must be received by July 31, 2020 to avoid a late fee of $75. All waivers received between August 1, 2020 and August 15, 2020 will be subject to a late fee of $75. No waivers will be accepted after August 15, 2020.
- You will be required to login with your student ID. Your date of birth in MMDDYYYY format is the password.
- Please fill out the online waiver with your coverage information. Your address, phone number, and gender are fields that cannot be edited and will not affect your application if incorrect. Your plan must meet ALL of the requirements AND be effective during the entire semester's term dates you are enrolled in. The semester SHIP term dates are:
- FALL 2020 August 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020
- SPRING 2021: January 1, 2021 - July 31, 2021
- If you waive successfully in the FALL semester, you are automatically waived for the following SPRING semester. If you happen to loose the coverage you have waived with or need SHIP for the following semester, you can submit a waiver reversal.
- A new online waiver must be filled out EVERY ACADEMIC YEAR; please check on our website for posted waiver deadlines.
- Once you have submitted your Berkeley SHIP online waiver application, you will be notified immediately of the outcome after clicking "submit". A copy of the waiver results will also be sent to the email address you have on file with UC Berkeley.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the waiver application has been submitted and approved. It is recommended you keep your email confirmation for your records.
- If your waiver application is denied and you would like to submit a waiver appeal, please follow the instructions provided on the waiver denial confirmation.
- Please note, there is a $75 late fee for waivers received after July 31, 2020. No waivers will be accepted after August 15, 2020.