Blue Shield of California has set-up a dedicated service for UC Berkeley students who are transitioning out of SHIP after graduation.
Student Assistance to determine health plan options:
- Assess tax situation (dependent or head of household)
- Review of needs
- Determination of subsidy or Medi-Cal eligibility
- Education on necessary documentation for enrollment
- Overview of plan options – medical/dental/vision
- Quote rates – medical/dental/ vision
- Assistant with plan selection and online completion of application
- Trained staff with knowledge of student health plan benefits
- Enrollment assistance
How to inquire:
Contact Blue Shield of California Direct Sales depatment at (800) 660-3007 (press the "#" key) or DirectSales-IFP@blueshieldca.com (include “Berkeley” in the subject line).
•Students must reside in California
•Standard SEP/OE rules apply
•Urgent/emergent benefits only out of state