Contact Us

UHS Tang Center 

2222 Bancroft Way

Berkeley, CA 94720-4300

Telephone: (510) 642-2000

TTY/TDD Tel: (510) 643-1233

Fax Numbers

Health Records: (510) 642-1801

Insurance: (510) 642-9119

Administration: (510) 643-5079

Primary Care: (510) 643-2997

Please call (510) 642-6621 for other direct fax numbers. 

Get Social

facebook twitter instagram youtube monthly buzz newsletter go tang


University Health Services, Tang Center
2222 Bancroft Way Berkeley, CA 94720-4300

The Tang Center is located on Bancroft Way at the southwest corner of campus, between Ellsworth and Fulton (Oxford) Streets. See campus map. For more about how to get to the UHS Tang Center, see our Directions page.

Advice Nurse & After Hours Assistance

Call (510) 643-7197 to speak to an Advice Nurse 24/7. Currently enrolled students can also message our Advice Nurse through our secure eTang portal.

The Advice Nurse line connects to our After Hours Assistance when the Tang Center is closed, providing referral information for local medical facilities to access when we are closed.



Employment & Volunteering

Employment: (510) 643-4443 or

Community volunteers: (510) 642-5065 or

Student volunteers: (510) 642-7202 or

Feedback, questions, comments, and concerns

General Email:

  • Tang Tip: Did you try to "search" for the information you need? You may get a more immediate answer using our search bar feature (see top right of every page) to search our robust online resources.  

For questions regarding the Mandatory TB & Immunization Program:

  • Please see our webpage for step by step instructions and our contact information.

For questions and comments regarding your prescription or treatment plan:

  • Use the secure eTang patient portal to discuss medical or treatment issues; Please do not send private health information via email;
  • Currently enrolled students may message our Advice Nurse, Primary Care team, counselors and insurance specialists through our secure eTang patient portal

For complaints, suggestions and other feedback:

  • Email:
  • Suggestion boxes: located at the Information Desk on the first floor, in the Urgent Care lobby and at the bottom of each stairwell (if you would like a reply, be sure to provide a phone number, street or email address). 
  • Phone: Call UHS Administration at (510) 642-6621. 
  • In person: Visit UHS Administration on the third floor of the Tang Center.
  • The Board of Behavioral Sciences receives and responds to complaints regarding services provided within the scope of practice of marriage and family therapists, licensed educational psychologists, clinical social workers, or professional clinical counselors. The Board may be contacted online or by calling (916) 574-7830.  

For Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) inquiries: See below. 

Insurance (SHIP) and waivers 

Call (510) 642-5700 or email Currently enrolled students may also message our insurance specialists through the eTang patient portal.

Make a Gift

Make a gift online, call (510) 642-6621, or email

Press & Media Inquiries

Communications Office - Public Information: (510) 664-7168.

Public Health Officials

UHS reporting of diseases, conditions and laboratory resultsPublic Health Departments may contact University Health Services to obtain treatment or follow up information as needed.  Public Health officials may contact the UHS Infection Control Nurse Manager by calling the Specialty Clinic at 510-643-7177.

Tang Center Directory

Listing of phone numbers and email addresses.

Website Administrator

Email only for feedback about our website. Do not send inquiries about medical care to this email address. 

Workshops & Trainings

Faculty/Staff wellness: (510) 643-4646 or

Student mental health: (510) 642-9494 or

Student wellness: (510) 642-7202 or