You are almost there! Help us help you!
To save you time and frustration, please take a moment to review these helpful steps. Most errors encountered during the waiver process can be avoided by following these simple instructions.
- This waiver application is only for students in a Summer Special Program who are waiving for the Summer 2019 session.
- Please find your program below for the Summer 2019 waiver period.
Program Waiver Period Master of Laws (LL.M. Professional Track and Hybrid Option only) April 1, 2019 - May 8, 2019 Master of Public Affairs (MPA) April 10, 2019 - May 10, 2019 Master of Arts in Teatching (MAT) (BE3 and PLI) May 10, 2019 - June 10, 2019 Master of Real Estate Development and Design (MRED+D) May 10, 2019 - June 10, 2019 Incoming Master in Financial Engineering (MFE) Feburary 1, 2019 - March 10, 2019
- Please fill out the WAIVER WORKSHEET to guide you through the online waiver application. NOTE: This worksheet is for guidance only; filling out the worksheet is NOT filling out the online waiver and completed worksheets will not be accepted as waivers.
- You will be required to login with your student ID and date of birth.
- Please fill out the online waiver with your coverage information. Your plan must meet ALL of the requirements AND be effective during the entire session while registered.
Program SHIP Effective Dates Cost of SHIP Master of Laws (LL.M. Professional Track and Hybrid Option only) May 11, 2019 - August 31, 2019 $1,470 Master of Public Affairs (MPA) May 15, 2019 - July 31, 2019 $1,015 Master of Arts in Teatching (MAT) (BE3 and PLI) June 15, 2019 - July 31, 2019 $612 Master of Real Estate Development and Design (MRED+D) June 15, 2019 - July 31, 2019 $612 Incoming Master in Financial Engineering (MFE) March 15, 2019 - July 31, 2019 $1,808
- This waiver is for Summer 2018 only. To waive for Fall 2019, you will need to complete a separate online waiver. Please check our website for posted waiver deadlines.
- A new online waiver must be filled out EVERY ACADEMIC YEAR. If you waive sucessfully for the FALL semester, you are automatically waived for the following SPRING semester.
- Once you have submitted your Berkeley SHIP online waiver application, you will be notified immediately of the outcome after clicking "submit". A copy of the waiver results will also be sent to the email address you have on file with UC Berkeley.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the waiver application has been submitted and approved. It is recommended you keep your email confirmation for your records.
- If your waiver application is denied and you would like to submit a waiver appeal, please follow the instructions provided on the waiver denial confirmation.