You are almost there! Help us help you!
To save you time and frustration, please take a moment to review these helpful steps. Most errors encountered during the waiver process can be avoided by following these simple instructions.
- This waiver application is only for students in a Summer Special Program who are waiving for the Summer 2020 session.
- Please find your program below for the Summer 2020 waiver period.
- Please fill out the WAIVER WORKSHEET to guide you through the online waiver application. NOTE: This worksheet is for guidance only; filling out the worksheet is NOT filling out the online waiver and completed worksheets will not be accepted as waivers.
- You will be required to login with your student ID and date of birth.
- Please fill out the online waiver with your coverage information. Your plan must meet ALL of the requirements AND be effective during the entire session while registered.
Program Waiver Period SHIP Effective Dates Cost of SHIP Master of Laws (LL.M. Professional Track and Hybrid Option only) April 1, 2020 - May 7, 2020 May 11, 2020 - August 31, 2020 $1,623 Master of Public Affairs (MPA) April 10, 2020 - May 9, 2020 May 13, 2020 - July 31, 2020 $1,150 Master of Arts in Teatching (MAT) (BE3 and PLI) May 10, 2020 - June 10, 2020 June 15, 2020 - July 31, 2020 $676 Master of Real Estate Development and Design (MRED+D) May 10, 2020 - June 10, 2020 June 15, 2020 - July 31, 2020 $676 Incoming Master in Financial Engineering (MFE) February 1, 2020 - March 11, 2020 March 16, 2020 - July 31, 2020 $1,982 11-month Master of Public Health (MPH) May 25, 2020 - June 26, 2020 July 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020 $446
- This waiver is for Summer 2020 only. To waive for Fall 2020, you will need to complete a separate online waiver. Please check our website for posted waiver deadlines.
- A new online waiver must be filled out EVERY ACADEMIC YEAR. If you waive successfully for the FALL semester, you are automatically waived for the following SPRING semester.
- Once you have submitted your Berkeley SHIP online waiver application, you will be notified immediately of the outcome after clicking "submit". A copy of the waiver results will also be sent to the email address you have on file with UC Berkeley.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the waiver application has been submitted and approved. It is recommended you keep your email confirmation for your records.
- If your waiver application is denied and you would like to submit a waiver appeal, please follow the instructions provided on the waiver denial confirmation.
The online waiver application will be available during your program's wavier period.
Program Waiver Link Master of Laws (LL.M. Professional Track and Hybrid Option only) Master of Public Affairs (MPA)
Master of Arts in Teatching (MAT) (BE3 and PLI)
Master of Real Estate Development and Design (MRED+D)
Incoming Master in Financial Engineering (MFE) 11-month Master of Public Health (MPH)