You are almost there! Help us help you!
To save you time and frustration, please take a moment to review these helpful steps. Most errors encountered during the waiver process can be avoided by following these simple instructions.
1. This waiver application is only for students in a Summer Special Program who are waiving for the Summer 2021 session.
2. Please fill out the WAIVER WORKSHEET to guide you through the online waiver application. NOTE: This worksheet is for guidance only; filling out the worksheet is NOT filling out the online waiver and completed worksheets will not be accepted as waivers.
3. You will be required to login with your student ID and date of birth. Your date of birth in MMDDYYYY format is the password.
4. The student informaton section with your address, phone number, and gender is pre-populated and cannot be edited. This information will not affect your waiver application if incorrect.
5. Please fill out the online waiver with your coverage information. Your plan must meet ALL of the requirements AND be effective during the entire session while registered.
6. Once you have submitted your Berkeley SHIP online waiver application, you will be notified immediately of the outcome after clicking "submit". A copy of the waiver results will also be sent to the email address you have on file with UC Berkeley.
7. It is your responsibility to prove that the waiver application has been submitted and approved. It is recommended you keep your email confirmation for your records.
8. If you waive successfully for Summer 2021, you will automatically be waived for the following Fall 2021/Spring 2022 academic year (this does not apply to incoming students in the Master of Financial Engineering program).
9. A new online waiver must be filled out EVERY ACADEMIC YEAR. If you waive successfully for the FALL semester, you are automatically waived for the following SPRING semester. Please check on our website for posted waiver deadlines.
10. If your waiver application is denied and you would like to submit a waiver appeal, please follow the instructions provided on the waiver denial confirmation.
11. Please see below for your program's waiver period. The online waiver application will be available during your program's wavier period.
last updated May 5, 2021