Fall 2019 Waiver Information
The Fall 2019 waiver period is May 1, 2019 to July 15, 2019. Waivers must be received by July 15, 2019 to avoid a late fee of $75. All waivers received between July 16, 2019 and August 15, 2019 will be subject to a late fee of $75. No waivers will be accepted after August 15, 2019.
The Fall 2019 waiver application is availabe here. The waiver criteria and other resources are provided below under Waiver Resources.
Financial Aid May Cover Your SHIP!
- Qualified undergraduates who are waiting for financial aid to package SHIP costs later this summer can wait to submit waivers in August without paying the late fee.
- Qualified undergraduates may be those who receive Pell Grants or those with an estimated family contribution (EFC) of $0. To see if you qualify for an August waiver without a late fee, call the SHIP office at (510) 642-5700.
1. Professional Track LLM
2. LLM Hybrid Option (summer starts only)
3. Incoming students in the following programs:
- Master of Public Affairs (MPA)
- Masters of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Principle Leadership Institue (PLI)
- Berkeley Educators for Equity and Excellence (BE3)
- Master of Financial Engineering (MFE) - incoming March class only
- Master of Real Estate Development & Design (MRED+D)
- 11-month Master of Public Health (MPH)
Spring 2019 Waiver Information
The Spring 2019 waiver period is now closed.
The Spring 2019 waiver period is December 1, 2018 to January 1, 2019. The late waiver period is January 2, 2019 to January 15, 2019. All waivers received between January 2, 2019 and January 15, 2019 will be subject to a late fee of $75. No waivers will be accepted after January 15, 2019.
The Spring 2019 waiver criteria, waiver worksheet and other resources are provided below under Waiver Resources.
For more information, please call the Student Health Insurance Office at (510) 642-5700, email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, or currently enrolled students can send a secure message to the SHIO office via the eTang patient portal.