Fall 2020 Waiver Information
The Fall 2020 waiver period is May 1, 2020 to July 15, 2020. The late waiver period is July 16, 2020 to August 15, 2020 and all late waivers will be subject to a late fee of $75. No waivers will be accepted after August 15, 2020.
The Fall 2020 waiver criteria, waiver worksheet and other resources are provided below under Waiver Resources.
To get started see the Fall 2020 Waiver Application
1. Professional Track LLM
2. LLM Hybrid Option (summer starts only)
3. Incoming students in the following programs:
- Master of Public Affairs (MPA)
- Masters of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Principle Leadership Institue (PLI)
- Berkeley Educators for Equity and Excellence (BE3)
- Master of Financial Engineering (MFE) - incoming March class only
- Master of Real Estate Development & Design (MRED+D)
- 11-month Master of Public Health (MPH)
Master of Information and Data Science (MIDS) excluded except for 5th year MIDS which either have to waiver or be on SHIP
For MPA, MAT and MPH students who submit Summer 2020 SHIP Waiver successfully do not need to complete a Fall 2020 SHIP Waiver
Spring 2020 Waiver Information
The Spring 2020 waiver period is now closed.
The Spring 2020 waiver period is December 2, 2019 to January 1, 2020. All waivers received between January 1-15, 2020 will be subject to a late fee of $75. No waivers will be accepted after January 15, 2020
The waiver criteria and other resources are provided below under Waiver Resources.
For more information, please call the Student Health Insurance Office at (510) 642-5700, email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, or currently enrolled students can send a secure message to the SHIO office via the eTang patient portal.