Support for Oakland fire victims - how you can help

Coping with trauma photo, heart on rain splattered window
December 12, 2016

Take care of yourself, each other and our community

Charitable efforts - how to help others 

For those who would like to help support the victims of the Oakland fire, a number of charity drives have been organized. (Please note that these opportunities are not officially endorsed by UHS or UC Berkeley, but have been collectively distributed in the Bay Area community for those who would like to take action.) 

Emotional support - how to get help 

For on-campus community members, please see our Coping with traumatic events page for resources and tips. 

For off-campus community members, please also remember if you or another's grief is too much to bear there are 24/7 hotlines to help:

Coping with Trauma Flier graphic

For students

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at the Tang Center can help. If you would like to talk to a counselor, call (510) 642-9494. Students can also be seen on a drop-in basis between 10am-5pm.

For faculty and staff

Employee Assistance (formerly CARE Services) is available for confidential support. Telephone consultations and appointments for office visits at the Tang Center can be made by calling (510) 643-7754 or emailing sends e-mail).