Students with Disabilities

University Health Services, Tang Center is committed to ensuring that all students with disabilities have equal access to health at UC Berkeley.

We offer a wide range of services for students with disabilities to help them achieve all their academic endeavors while managing their important health and wellness needs.

Get Started with our Care Manager

Our Care Manager at University Health Services can help DSP students coordinate care through the Tang Center. They can help:
  • assist with appointments for documentation
  • facilitate referrals from UHS,
  • navigate care at UHS
  • connect to other resources and support that might be needed
Start your healthcare by calling our Care Manager at (510) 664-9926.


University Health Services/Tang Center 
2222 Bancroft Way #4300 
Berkeley, CA 94720-4300 
The Tang Center is located on Bancroft Way at the southwest corner of campus, between Ellsworth and Fulton (Oxford) Streets. See Campus map. 
Directions to Tang from off campus 

Campus Shuttles
Campus and LBNL shuttles [(510) 642-5149] stop at Ellsworth and Bancroft Way, 1/2 block from the Tang Center. The Loop offers intra-campus rides for eligible faculty, staff, and students with disabilities. 

Public Transportation
The Tang Center is a short walk from the Berkeley BART station (510) 465-2278 and AC Transit bus stops (510) 839-2882). See the Visitor's Center page for details. 

Local Taxi Cabs
Click here for a listing of local taxi companies

East Bay Paratransit
Public transit service 

Plan your trip with

Urgent Care
Free drop-off parking (30 minutes) is provided at the Tang Center Urgent Care entrance, off Durant Avenue, for Urgent Care visits only. 

Public Parking for Visitors
Metered street parking is located on Bancroft Way and Durant Avenue.

Public Parking Lots 
Durant Avenue, between Telegraph Avenue and Dana Street (two blocks east of the Tang Center)

Holders of campus C, F, or S permits
Use the Ellsworth parking structure at Ellsworth Street and Channing Way.

Holders of campus C, F, or M permits
Use the Recreational Sports Facility lot on Bancroft at Ellsworth (located across the street from Tang)

* Campus parking in the vicinity is not always available. Visitors are encouraged to use alternative methods of transportation, if this is an available option.

Additional Resources


Disabled Students Program         
260 Cesar Chavez Student Center #4250
Berkeley, CA 94720
(510) 642-0518
Offers academic advising, academic accommodations, attendant referral, alternative media, disability access services, and DSP student grants

Disabled Students Residence Program (DSRP) 
260 Cesar Chavez Student Center #4250
Berkeley, CA 94720
(510) 642-8898
Independent living skills training for Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) consumers/students. DSRP services serve any DOR consumer/UC Berkeley student who would benefit from independent living skills training while attending school at UC Berkeley.

The Campus Access Guide is a web and downloadable PDF guide that provides comprehensive information about physical access to the campus and policies and procedures related to full participation in campus activities.

Various campus groups of interest

Professional Development and Disability course
Taught by Paul Hippolitus and Connie Chiba's "Exploring Learning Differences and Developing Strategies for Success" for students with ADHD and Learning Disabilities (both are taught each semester).

RSF 101 – No Limits Program
Students with a mobility, hearing, vision or invisible disability interested in using the Rec Sports facilities have options to accommodate many needs? 


Disabled Community Health Clinic  
2001 Dwight Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 204-4738
Bowel and bladder issues, pressure sore management, spasticity, wheelchair assessments.

California Children’s Services (CCS)
1000 Broadway  Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 208-5970
Assisting eligible young adults less than 21 years of age with specialized medical care, physical and occupational therapy and durable medical equipment needs.

Center for Independent Living (CIL)    
3075 Adeline Street Berkeley, CA 94703
(510) 841-4776
Providing Information and referral about assistive technology, wheelchair repair, deaf and deaf/blind services, peer support and more.

Easy Does It Emergency Services 
1936 University Avenue, Suite 191
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 845-5513 
Emergency attendant services, emergency transportation, on-demand transportation, emergency wheelchair repairs, disaster emergency registry.

The BORP Fitness Center 
3075 Adeline Street
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510) 849-4663
Providing classes in yoga, core conditioning, mat pilates for adults with & without disabilities.



The Shop at CIL                      
2539 Telegraph Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 649-1100

Johnston Medical Supply Inc           
2801 Shattuck Ave 
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510) 843-2488

Wheelchairs of Berkeley
2911 Shattuck Avenue, 
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510) 549-8727

Med Solutions                       
Power/manual wheelchair rentals
(800) 346-1646

610 N Pastoria Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
(408) 522-1200



1250 45th St # 330,
Emeryville, CA 9460
(510) 653-9834

Laurence Orthopedic 
6001 Telegraph Avenue
Oakland, CA 
(510) 658-2062


University Health Services, Tang Center
2222 Bancroft Way Berkeley, CA 94720-4300

The Tang Center is located on Bancroft Way at the southwest corner of campus, between Ellsworth and Fulton (Oxford) Streets. See campus map. For more about how to get to the UHS Tang Center, see our Directions page.

Get Social

facebook twitter instagram youtube monthly buzz newsletter go tang