Additional methods to report sexual misconduct

The following University offices also accept reports of sexual misconduct: 

If you would prefer to file a complaint with an outside agency instead of, or in addition to, a complaint with the University, you can file a civil rights complaint with any of the following: 

The Office for Civil Rights works to ensure equal access to education and through enforcement of civil right protections on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex discrimination, disability and age.- File a complaint electronically: 

- File a complaint by mail: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200, Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201.

- Download the form here:

- File a complaint by phone: 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD) 

  • California Department of Public Health’s Center for Health Care Quality (CHCQ) 

The CHCQ Licensing and Certification Program at the California Department of Public Health has regulatory oversight of licensed and certified health care facilities and of certain types of health care professionals. CHCQ also investigates consumer complaints against the facilities and professionals within its purview. 

- File a complaint electronically:

- File a complaint by mail: Find the appropriate local office here

- File a complaint by phone: Find the appropriate local office here 

  • California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) 

DFEH will investigate a failure by an employer to comply with sexual harassment prevention training and education requirements, and incidents of discrimination in employment, businesses and other services. 

- File a complaint electronically:

- File a complaint by mail: 2218 Kausen Drive, Suite 100; Elk Grove, CA 95758 

- File a complaint by phone: 800-884-1684 (voice), 800-700-2320 (TTY) or California’s Relay Service at 711

  • The Board of Behavioral Sciences receives and responds to complaints regarding services provided within the scope of practice of (marriage and family therapists, licensed educational psychologists, clinical social workers, or professional clinical counselors). You may contact the board online at, or by calling (916) 574-7830.