Welcome to PartySafe@Cal!
PartySafe@Cal aims to reduce alcohol-related risks and harm in the campus area. Our efforts operate simultaneously to reach individual students, the student body as a whole, and the greater college community.
Whether you are a party goer, party thrower, student leader or neighbor, take some kind of action - big or small - to improve alcohol and party management in our campus community. Though it’s not always easy, it is simple.
- Facts about college drinking, its consequences, and standard drinks, alcohol’s effects, and signs of intoxication.
- Alcohol Poisoning Warning Signs, Steps and Follow Up: The signs of alcohol poisoning and how to call for emergency medical help - What to know and do once you're transported to the hospital.
- Campus and city policies and penalties.
- Peer Support, Education, Workshops. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Peer Mentors. Have a question or situation you want to talk about? Start with a partysafe peer mentor for support, information and helpful resources.
- Alcohol and Party Management Workshop. This free 90 minute Party Host Workshop will help you make a realistic “before-during-after” party plan for your event.
- Small Group Social Norms Workshop. Designed for in-tact groups of 15 or more members, this 1 hour workshop leads to better personal and group-level decisions about drinking and parties.
- PartySafe LIVE. You supply the location, publicity, prizes and a couple of volunteers and we supply interactive activities that engage and educate.
- Party Planning Guide and Consultation. Our up-to-date guide for all student party planners. We also offer a free 30 minute party planning consultation for those of you having events for 50+ people if you apply for Indoor Entertainment Event Permit from Berkeley Fire Department.
- True Stories. Drinkers and abstainers share real challenges, choices and consequences about the drinking and party culture at Cal.
- Join partysafecal listserv - get updates, use the resources, volunteer to do your part
- Like Cal Party Tips facebook page - Exchange real stories and tips with real students about real situations.
- Use our Party Planning Guide - Take some kind of action - big or small - make the difference.
Updated March 2015