University of California Systemwide Policies, Office of the President
- UC Systemwide Policy on Substance Abuse (1/1/90): Encourages
employees and students to seek treatment for substance abuse problems.
Summarizes University policy and sanctions for employees and students
who violate this policy. Complies with the Federal Drug Free Workplace
- Campus Activities, Organizations & Students - Student Conduct & Discipline (10/12/05): Prohibits unlawful manufacture, distribution, possession, use, or sale of controlled substances. Prohibits above for alcohol, as unlawful, or otherwise prohibited by, or not in compliance with, University policy or campus regulations. http://www.ucop.edu/ucophome/coordrev/ucpolicies/aos/uc100.html
UC Berkeley Campus Policies
- Berkeley Campus Code of Student Conduct (01/10/05): Prohibits
disorderly conduct; prohibits unlawful manufacture, distribution,
dispensing, possession, use, sale of, or the attempt of the above
of controlled substances, on University properties or at official
- Residential Conduct Code: The Residential Conduct Code is a subset of the Campus Code which focuses specifically on community based violations on residential properties owned or operated by the University of California, Berkeley. http://www.housing.berkeley.edu/student/osd_judicial_affairs.html
- Berkeley Campus Policy Governing the Promotion of Alcoholic Beverages
and Tobacco Products on the Campus and at Campus Sponsored Events:
Prohibits advertisement and promotion of particular brands or manufacturers
of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products on the Berkeley campus
or in conjunction with activities or events attended by students that
are held away from the campus and sponsored by campus units or recognized
- Berkeley Campus Policy Governing Student Dances: Prohibits
possession and/or consumption of alcohol at dances at facilities not
licensed to sell alcohol; requires issuance of a campus alcohol service
permit by UCPD to campus departmental sponsors of student dances.
- Berkeley Campus Student Policy and Procedures Regarding Sexual
Assault and Rape (12/30/01): Defines acts of sexual misconduct
prohibited by the Campus Code of Student Conduct and provides guidance
on what students should do if they have been sexually assaulted and
what the campus does when a sexual assault occurs.
For information on City, State and Federal alcohol laws, see What's At Stake - Laws and Policies.
Last revised: July 2013