Important to Know
- All UC Berkeley students are required to have medical insurance.
- All students will be automatically enrolled in SHIP.
- If you have comparable insurance and don't want to keep SHIP as dual coverage, you may waive enrollment.
- All students can use University Health Services, whether they have SHIP or not.
- See the new SHIP plan for 2013-14
- How does Berkeley SHIP compare to the options on the new health exchanges? Find out more here.
|Top 5 SHIP Benefits for Students||Top 5 SHIP Benefits for Parents|
Next steps - choose an option below:
- I'm keeping SHIP - tell me more
- Care at University Health Services
- Student Health Insurance Plan for medical, mental health, dental and vision coverage
- I'm not sure - I might waive SHIP; help me decide
This webpage provides information and tools to help you make an informed decision about waiving enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). The online waiver follows. Berkeley SHIP is the top insurance choice for students. If you aren't familiar with the benefits, see the complete list of SHIP benefits (everything that is covered by the plan).