Make your holiday parties fun and healthy!
UC Berkeley has a long-standing commitment to promoting healthy eating and active living. Supervisors can play an important role toward this commitment by ensuring healthier choices are included in meetings and events when food and/or beverages are provided. Here are resources you can use for meetings and events throughout the year and especially with the upcoming holiday season!
- Distribute the Healthy Potlucks and Celebrations handout with staff you supervise to encourage sharing healthy treats.
- Share the UC Berkeley Healthy Meeting and Event Guide on the Healthy Meetings webpage with those that order food for your department.
- Start your agenda with a breathing/relaxation exercise (page 9 of the Guide) to help all attendees focus on the meeting agenda.
- Plan for an activity break with longer meetings.
- Start a new trend by making “one hour” meetings 50 minutes (starting 10 minutes after the hour) to allow for transitions and reduce the stress of back-to-back meetings.
UC Retirement Plan (UCRP) Class – The Pension Plan
Thursday, December 8, 5-7pm, Tang Ed Center
Speaker: Don Goldberg, Senior Benefits Analyst, UC Retirement Administration Service Center
Please spread the word! This class, designed for active career employees, addresses the many areas to consider for a successful and satisfying retirement and the benefits available through the UC Retirement Plan (UCRP). Information will include monthly retirement income and how it is calculated, cost of living adjustments, lump sum cash out, disability income, survivor income, basic death benefit, service credit buybacks, the Retirement Savings Program, and retiree health and welfare benefits. Printed resources will be available.
Sign up on the UC Learning Center.
Spring 2017 Staff Career Development Workshops open for registration!
- Go to http://blu.berkeley.edu
- Authenticate using your Calnet ID.
- Select “UCB Learning Center” in the “Self Service” section.
- From there click on the “Learn” tab, then “Learning Activities.”
- Search for the appropriate workshop by the class code (BECAR### code) to find the course you want to enroll in.
Free Individual Career Counseling
In addition, to learn more about the free individual career counseling that is available to staff, visit the Career Counseling Library for Faculty/Staff.
If you are interested in a career development orientation to your staff group, please complete the Outreach Request Form.